Frequently Asked Questions Our Customers Ask.
It depends on a few factors;
- What type of property you live in (whether there are stairs or a lift)
- Access in and out of the property
- How densely your home is furnished
- Whether you have heavy items (i.e Pianos, Pot plants, Marble, Pool tables)
However we can certainly give you a rough guide of how long it will take our removalists to move you.
- One bedroom house – 2-3 hours
- Two bedroom house – 3-4 hours
- Three bedroom house – 4-6 hours
- Four bedroom house – 6-8 hours
We have public liability insurance up to $5,000,000 and transit insurance of $50,000. If your household items upwards for $50,000 we recommend extra removals insurance. We are happy to put $5o towards this to give you that extra peace of mind.
- Mount Lawley
- East Fremantle
- Piara Waters
- North Perth
- Perth City
- West Perth
- East Perth
- Double View
- Mount Hawthorn
- Tuart Hill
- Ocean Reef
- Victoria Park
- South Perth
You will need the following;
- Strong and Clean Removals cartons
- Newspaper or packing paper
- Bubble wrap may be needed for fragile items
- Marking pens
- Tackle one room at a time and mark boxes by room and contents.
- Make sure you wrap each item individually and put some cushioning at the bottom of the box i.e screwed up newspaper
- Pack the heavier items at the bottom of the carton
- Label each box carefully with your name, the contents and the room it is to go into
- All important documents left to the side,
- Heavier items such as books into small boxes.
We have no limit, a few days to a few decades is fine by us.
If you would like your mattress wrapped, 2 Easy will do this free of charge.
DCNS Group supply free boxes to hire, up to a maximum of 50 (tea chest and book/wine cartons) We have discounted rates on all other types of boxes, also cheap packing paper, bubble wrap, moving pens etc. You name it, We have it and we can drop it to your door at a price that blows our competition out of the water
It is recommended that you wait at least one hour after the fridge has been moved to turn it on, in order to let the internal gases settle.
As soon as you know you’re moving give us a call. The more time, the more chance we have a spot ready for you.
Depending on the size of the move will depend on whether or not this is possible. The general rule is to have everything packed the day before. Our removalists are fully trained and can take care if the whole house needs packing or just the breakables. This can really make your life that little bit easier.
DCNS Group will be happy to do this. We can provide a free estimation from one of our professional and experienced estimators. They will come by your house at your choosing and that day we will have a quote ready for you. They are there to assist, so any advice you may need please don’t be afraid to pick their brains.
The below items mustn’t be taken by our removalists. The reason being it will contravene with our transit insurance and put the removalists health and other items in the truck, as well as the truck in danger.
- Any paint thinners
- Oil and gas
- Gas bottles
- Weed Killers
- Swimming Pool Treatments
- Any Cooking Oils
- Cleaning Solvents
- All Aerosol Cans
- Fuel Cans
- All Paint
- Methylated spirits
Not a problem, we are happy for you to assist us with all aspects of the move and in turn it will keep the time and costs down.
We certainly do. Our removals services are available 7 days a week. The only exception being Christmas Day. There have been a few inquiries believe it or not.
Our removal trucks all come with mobile eftpos facilities that will take any card. Credit cards have a 2-3% fee attached.
Yes we do charge from our depot based in the city. We can agree a set travel time with you before you make a booking so that there are no surprises. The reason we charge this way is because we believe in fair pay and paying our men from when they leave to when they return. Any company that doesn’t charge this won’t pay their removalists for any travel. Which would account for around 20% of their hours.